Monday, August 6, 2012

Teamwork - project bump

Over the weekend I created a project plan and calendar and sent it to Margaret and Jeb to edit.  I'm very happy with the plan and the calendar, it puts a good framework around this initiative.  The calendar is somethign  I always create for projects so that I have something to monitor, track and control.  The strategy plan was a very helpful exercise for this project.  Since PrimRose Hill is at the very beginning of their startup phase, defining the audience, activities, etc.  was extremely important.  It took a little thought and conjecture, but it's definitely an exercise anyone who is putting together a campaign would need to do. 

I'm reusing the calendar I developed for my KitschnChic business that I hope to get off the ground.  Twitter for KitschnChic is doing pretty good, but I have been neglecting it recently.  I haven't started a Facebook page or Pinterest yet for it, but I do have one for myself.  I'll go through the strategy and planning workbook for KitschnChic, and then use my calendar to plan out a year's worth of social media activity.

This is the part of projects I like, seeing something come together from nothing. 

Stuart, the owner of Primrose Hill is being ambivalent about when and if he wants to start selling blankets.  It's a bit upsetting but I told Margaret not to worry.  We can still put together a robust campaign and program for him.  We'll be without a before and after report, but we can definitely put together a strong program.  Yes, it's a bit disappointing, but we have to do what we have to do.

2 comments:

  1. This is helpful - and yes, go forward regardless - do the plan and list the challenges and what can be done to resolve them. Project the successes as you see them if/when the plan is implemented. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned so much from this project. Even if Stuart does not use the plan, I fully intend to use it for the non-profit I work with as well as building my own brand as we heard from Sima. Before taking the course, I didn't realize how much influence Social Media can have on our personal brand, aside from the negative Facebook warnings. With a SM plan, I can leverage it for my non-profit and my personal brand. This is a great lesson and exercise to do.

    ReplyDelete