Last night I tried to participate in the Hangout session with my group. I set up my computer with headphones and mic, and waited for the invite. When the invite came through, to my horror, the mic did not work. So I quickly switched to my netbook to log in. For some reason, the netbook, which I had set up with Internet Explorer, wouldn't recognize the Hangout invite. I tried switching back to the regular computer, set up with Mozilla Firefox, to see if the mic would work if I played with it.
Nope, nothing. I switched back to the netbook to see if setting up with Firefox would help, but it was taking too long and I had become impatient and a little panicked, so I switched back to the regular computer and tried to email both Margaret and Jeb to describe my problem. They were already in the midst of the presentation, so it was too late. I felt badly that I was letting them down. They did a fine job, but there was a little weakness in the voice quality on Jeb's part of the presentation.
I did get a replacement mic, but it's too late now. Who knew my mic would die the day I needed it most.
It never happens at a convenient time - :-(....just sorry you didn't have an opportunity to take part and experience Hangouts with them! Hopefully you will have another opportunity.
ReplyDelete