We're nearly done. I wrote up the strategy, tools, techniques, and timeline section. It probably needs another set of eyes to proof read it so I posted it yesterday in Dropbox. By the way, I love Dropbox. When managing virtual projects for non-profits, who don't have funds for collaboration tools, I often used Yahoo Groups. It was okay, not always trustworthy for sending out notices or posting quickly, but it was better than having a thousand emails to scan through.
I will recommend Dropbox for future collaboration projects, whether it is for team projects in class, or volunteer projects for non-profits. It has got to be the handiest, quickest way to share information. Diigo is definitely handy for keeping track of the numerous articles and blogs I follow. I would bookmark my favorites, but when my computer died or something happened, I could no longer access them. Sure, I don't visit everything, but I do have loads of ideas that I researched and would like to quickly access. I tried Delicious a while ago and found it useless. I'll try most things, but if it isn't quick and easy to learn, and if it isn't quick to implement, forget it. I don't have time to decipher a new way of doing something... make it quick and easy to implement and make sure it's convenient.
Back to the project. We will meet up tomorrow on Hangouts and discuss anything missing or that needs refinement before we submit.
Though the owner bailed out on implementing the social media strategy, I learned quite a lot about social media planning through this project. Already I have plans for the Chicago Japanese Historical Society, for whom I sit on the board. They have a great social media person, but she could use some help. Since I crafted the timeline calendar, reference, and campaign worksheets for Primrose Hill, I can easily change it to be used for their purposes and whatever social media tools they use and plan to use. The workbook on strategy was incredibly useful. Though at times it was repetitive, it guided me through out the process to create the framework. I really like that article. The other ones were very good too, but due to the time limit, I relied on the strategy workbook more.
So cool you can use the assignment and repurpose for another organization that you are connected to - terrific!
ReplyDeleteI have really enjoyed the class and the introduction to some new tools and learning to leverage familiar ones. Putting a project together really opened my eyes to organizing the Social Media efforts for both profit and non-profits. Its so much better to take an organized approach to it to fully leverage the capabilities.
ReplyDelete