I love Google. Always have. Always will. I can say that with all confidence because they will always innovate and keep it fresh. Right now, I'm trying to get more friends to use Google + because FB just scares me with their privacy invasive and pervasive terms. It would also be nice to have just one place to go and one place to track my activities.
This week we watched Ted Talks presentation with Google founders Sergei and Larry. It's interesting how they have attributed their entrepreneurial philosophy and work atmosphere to their Montessori style schooling. This makes it a cornerstone of their company's personality, which in turn will keep them innovating and exploring. Is it necessary to their culture to have 20% of workers time available for exploration? I believe so. As professionals, we rarely close the door and walk away at 5PM, often times we relate our personal times to our work in some indirect way, and sometimes directly. To designate a set time at work to explore something a worker would love to explore will only insure they will keep their work in their thoughts after 5PM. Each of us is a whole unit, not bits and pieces held together with one body.
Comparing some of the Social Media tools, I found Google + would be nice if I could get more of my friends to switch. Google Hangouts is also nicer than Skype, which I have used for years. I never liked the way Skype is warbly and drops calls all the time. Free was the only benefit to using Skype. I didn't like Prezi, it takes too much time to get used to, and it's not fun to watch with the zooming in and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment