Hannah Phan landed a job by exercising creativity, initiative, and a bit of social media know how. She had been searching for a job for awhile and found Sliderocket to be an up and coming company. She used their product to create a resume, then tweeted it to the CMO of Sliderocket. he receives it as he is disembarking from a plane, and tweets back to her immediately that they need to talk. When they do meet, Hannah is offered a job, and she heads up a new product using Sliderocket, Presume. See the link below for her blog and her Presume: http://bit.ly/n3oAN1
When I saw this, I understand why the CMO was blown away. It was a clever use of the product, it conveyed a message : Hannah Phan is talented, creative, smart, and has initiative. Wait a minute, me too! I think Sliderocket might just be for me. So my plans this weekend are to update my resume, see what can be incorporated into a Sliderocket Presume, post my Presume on LinkedIn. Apparently Sliderocket also tracks metrics of how often your presume has been reviewed. That fulfills a missing link in job search. No one really knows how often your resume is actually reviewed. I like that feature. I wonder how I can incorporate this into an automated "Talent Acquisition" system. Probably as an attachment after filling out the usual form. Would they actually open it and look? Probably not, but someone might catch this if I posted it on my profile in LinkedIn.
Sliderocket has 3 templates on their site. I'll play with the one I feel best fits my situation now, the one for the new MBA, graduate student, and I might build one for the professional Presume.
Here's a YouTube demonstration of how to use SlideRocket: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0jqGlx9x8Y&feature=youtu.be
Note that SlideRocket has 35 videos on YouTube, making learning more about the capabilities of their product easy to learn, and share. I'm thinking of several people that need to know about this. But first me. I need to see what my new Presume will be like.
Please make sure you include reflection on the week's content, discussions, and activities. Next time please provide feedback on interview project and update on Final Project.
ReplyDelete